December 5, 2009

Feeling Accomplished

Yesterday, I found out that a manuscript that I read and highly recommended is going to be published! How affirming! Seriously, that made my day. Now I know that I have a knack for finding good literature. But it is making it a little difficult to be searching for technical writing jobs when I've discovered that I'm good at this editing stuff. I do have an interview sometime soon with the people from the MN Literacy Council, though. They produce a literary magazine each year, and they're interested in me helping them out! It's a part-time unpaid internship again, of course, but what can you do? The publishing world is kinda brutal, and I'm still tasting the beginnings of it.

So, be looking for a collection of short stories called Still Life with Plums. It should come out in about two years :)

No comments:

Post a Comment