September 28, 2009

New homestead

After a crazy weekend of moving, cleaning, and sporadically working, we are finally settling into our new apartment. The place is a mess, naturally, but already I feel better about life. Something about being able to have fresh air blowing in all day, extra sunshine, and more room to spread out.

I'm really excited to start unpacking. Unfortunately, I need to wait for Josh to come back from work to help me move the furniture. And set up his computer. He has this cool new thing on his Mac called Delicious Library where I can use the camera on the computer to scan the barcodes of all my books and movies and keep a record of them. And then, if I loan them to people, I can quickly and easily check them out. So exciting! (I know, I know, I am such a nerd.)

And for more exciting news, someone at the new place has really fast unsecured internet! We're hoping we'll be able to borrow that from time to time. ;) And for the time being, Josh has the T.V. set up in the bedroom, which is becoming a dangerous situation. I really like it there! Would it be redundant to get another one for the living room?

Anyway, it's good to have a new place to call home, especially one that feels more welcoming. And I can't wait to get the place looking all organized and cute and to have people over to visit!


1 comment:

  1. Paul and I used to have a tv in our bedroom as well as living room. It was nice for those cold winter nights when we wanted to be warm and cozy. We'd watch a movie in bed and then fall asleep to it. However, we opted NOT to have the tv in the bedroom when we moved. Sometimes I still miss it!

    ReplyDelete