July 3, 2010

Dreams

In my lifetime, I hope to accomplish many things. But more importantly, to experience many things. I firmly believe that art is born through experience. Below, I've listed some of the things I hope to do in order to enrich my life, and in return, touch others' lives through the art I will create.
  • Travel to England and Scotland and soak up all the beautiful history and literary genius of that island. And sip a few cups of tea.
  • Live in Kenya and go on a safari, learn how to make African art, and dance alongside the lovely people who love God like I do.
  • Travel to France to expand my French-speaking skills, stroll the halls of the Louvre, and experience romance the Parisian way.
  • Visit Rome (well, all of Italy) because of its rich roots in the Western World. The art is incredible, and the language is sexy.
  • Go to Australia and scuba dive (or snorkel) in the Great Barrier Reef. Where else could you go to see every color God created?
  • Ride a hot air balloon over crisp autumn leaves.
  • Hang glide down a mountain.
  • Learn to waterski.
  • Master archery. There will always be a part of me that will pretend to be a great warrior woman from the past.
  • Go white-water rafting.
  • Ride an ostrich. Ever since I saw Swiss Family Robinson as a child, I've wanted to do this. I have no idea where it could happen, but I can assure you that if the opportunity arises, I'll be on that bird!
  • Gallop a horse on the surf of a pristine beach. Romantic much?
  • Have an old-fashioned picture taken of me as a Western saloon girl. Gotta let that girl come out some time!
  • See Josh Groban in concert. These are the only tickets I'd ever camp out for.
  • Adopt a child, hopefully from an African country. I want to learn that child's culture and incorporate it into our American life so that he/she will never forget his/her heritage.
  • Publish a book. Could be of my adventures. Could be a story for children. Just something that another person will hold and smell and find inspiration.

2 comments: