October 26, 2009

For it is Life that we want

"For it is life we want. We want the world, the whole beautiful world, alive - and we alive in it. That is the actual god we long for and seek, yet we already have it, if we open our senses, our whole bodies, thus our souls. That is why I have written and intend to continue until someone among you takes up the happy work of keeping the chain letter of the soul moving along into whatever future will come." - Bill Holm

Since working at Milkweed, I've discovered this fantastic author, who, sadly, passed away earlier this year. I want to take his message to heart, take up his calling, and since he can no longer speak, carry the chain letter of the soul to my generation.

I hope to live this way in my faith, as well. God gave me the gift of words, and I must've ever forget that. Let me speak truth to the world eloquently, precisely, and honorably.

1 comment: