October 13, 2009

Happenings

I quit my job! I have never felt so liberated. I mean, if people are not going to respect me and my work ethic and/or use me as a scape goat, they better be paying me more than $7.25 if they expect me to stick around.

In other news, I had an interview with a recruiter this morning. I think it went well (even though we were thirty minutes late thanks to traffic!), and this could be the beginning of a very amazing opportunity. The building also housed the Dairy Queen headquarters, and they gave out free dilly bars in the lobby. Kind of exciting :)

Josh went apple picking over the weekend and is in the process of making apple sauce, apple pie, and apple crisp. The apartment is in a constant smell of yum... In the meantime, he decided to store the bag of apples on the balcony. I looked out the window this afternoon and saw a squirrel bounding away with something very large in his mouth. Naturally, I started laughing, and after Josh chased the animal away, he moped about the loss of one of his hand-picked apples. And just because I love rodents and this story sort of relates to this picture, I've posted something lovely for you to look at.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, LOVE the squirrel-apple story. Questions: what happened at your job that people used you as a scape goat?! Not cool! And also, what kind of recruiter did you talk to? Yum, free dilly bars! See you Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I kind of feel like saying congrats and I'm sorry at the same time...
    love the picture :)

    ReplyDelete