October 31, 2009

This is it.

The day before I start my novel. I, and thousands of others around the world, will be embarking on the one-month novel-writing quest known as Nanowrimo. (www.nanowrimo.org). I'm a bit nervous, but I'm not totally unprepared. For years, I've had this fantasy story stirring in my head, and this, I believe, is the perfect time to finally get it on down paper.

So, with my random preliminary character notes and plot point scribblings, I embark (look! I'm already in the fantasy-writing mindset). I'll try to keep you posted on my progress, but, if you don't hear from me, you can assume that I'm either writing furiously and will need a hand massage by the end of the night or I'm ripping out my hair in frustration.

Now, to use that extra hour of sleep to my advantage :)

See you on the other side.
Heidi

p.s. While at the Minneapolis Institute of Art to see the traveling Louvre exhibit (which was incredible, by the way), I found, in the middle of a crowded room, a man dressed as Waldo.

Springtime of Life - Camille Corot

No comments:

Post a Comment