March 22, 2010

Like a Pug

When I first pulled up next to a Nissan Cube, I knew it was the beginning of a love/hate relationship. Check out the little bugger:




Normally, I hate square cars (aka the Element), but upon further observation (and coming across the Roseville Cube on multiple occasions), I noticed that this car's rounded corners give it a smoother, friendlier appearance, quirky even. And to add to the quirkiness is the rear window that wraps around the side of the car. Definitely a Japanese car, I thought, and at first, I wanted it to remain in its home country. But the more I thought about it, the more I appreciated its creativity, its ability to stand out of the crowd and cause inner turmoils in the people it passes. Kind of like a pug, the little dog that is so ugly, it's cute.

Now, I'm not saying I'm going to run out and buy one for myself. I'm just hoping you'll give it, and anything else that first appears ugly, a second chance. Plus, I'm not into controversial cars. That's why I have a Toyota ;)

1 comment:

  1. But you can control it's features with an iPhone! That's all the reason I need:)

    ReplyDelete