March 9, 2010

A Tragic Day

(said in the little mouse voices from Babe)

Yesterday, I took Phoebe to the vet. There is nothing to be done for a hamster with a broken leg, and even though she wasn't showing that she was in pain, we knew she was. How could you not be when your bone is practically sticking out and your foot is dangling behind you? Very sad. Luckily, I managed to drop her off at the vet and pay for her death without crying. But now I'm lonely.

Gone is my little friend who amused me during the long, boring nights when Josh was at work. Gone is the little spaz who did acrobatics in her cage and made a ton of noise in her wheel. Gone is the little hamster whose eyes brightened when you gave her a sunflower seed.

Farewell, Phoebe.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about Phoebe. Animals help to make our lives so much richer.

    ReplyDelete