March 15, 2010

Part of the Promise

In Genesis, God promised Abram that he would father a great nation, the nation of Israel. I always understood that part, but what I learned in church yesterday stretched my understanding of that promise. The speaker drew a diagram of Abram's descendants: Jacob, Isaac, ... David, .... Jesus, the church. Did you see that? The church is a descendant of Abram and the culmination of God's promise! Once Jesus came to earth, he brought salvation to more than just the Israelites. We Gentiles are now part of his family. I don't know why it took me this long to realize that I'm a part of a mighty promise made thousands of years ago, but it gives me a greater sense of purpose, shows me that God truly has a plan for his people, and inspires me to make sure I do my best to serve him.

I hope this revelation motivates you as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment