October 11, 2010

Bubbles

After the wedding reception this weekend, two of my fellow bridesmaids and I went back to the hotel and played Sorry. A little while later, we heard someone trying to get into our room. Our laughter stopped immediately, they ran and hid in the corner, and I was sent to look through the peep hole. A little old man, still dripping in his swimsuit, tried the card key in our door again, looked at the room number, and hung his head. I could see every wisp of his hair. After a short silence, he shuffled off down the hallway and out of sight. Although we laughed about the situation afterwards, it was an intimate and precious moment for me, this glimpsing of his life through a small bubble. I hope he found his way home.

1 comment:

  1. I felt really bad for the old man! How embarrassing to not know what room you're in, and he was in his swim trunks! :(

    ReplyDelete