February 23, 2010

Olympics 2010

Ice dancing is now my new favorite sport. The way the dancers tie their movements, their costumes, and their music together is so movingly artistic that at some points, I swelled with emotion. I don't know much about dancing, but I know that there were some beautiful lines and complex--though deceptively simple-looking--moves being presented. The sport is so romantic and theatrical, it's a little strange that it is a sport. But I am so pleased to see art represented in the Olympics and in such a lovely way! Here are my favorites from the free dance night.

Jana Khokhlova and Sergei Novitski of Russia 
dancing to Stravinski's Firebird Suite


Meryl Davis and Charlie White of USA
dancing to Phantom of the Opera
(Please note: I will someday have a dress like that)

No comments:

Post a Comment